Schlagwort-Archiv: Planning

Porter Tender: Blueprints

After the basic requirements regarding the dimensions were cleared, an extensive online Image research took place. Apparently, opinions are divided whether a model Porter with a tender is a prototypical sight. Fortunately, I can avoid this topic altogether because I’m not going to model an explicit prototype. Instead, I’ll experiment with different themes and decide on a case-by-case basis whether and to what extend I’ll let the prototype reign supreme or just get some inspiration for my own creations.

New Construction Report: Porter on Battery Power

Since last September I’ve worked on a project, which I’d like to present now. It’s about a small Portor steam locomotive by LGB, which I want to switch over to battery that is accumulator power, controlled by R/C. At a later time I’d also like to adapt the looks.

Tender Mockup made of paper

Tender Mockup made of paper

This loco is supposed to make the starting point for my own garden railway, hopefully within this year. September and October were spent with some experiments to place all the necessary components within the locomotive. Alas, I had to take away too much of the lead ballast, so the loco wasn’t able to transmit its motive power to the rails.

Cylinders Redesign

Hello folks,

today I looked on the last picture I posted and compared it to the prototype’s photography. I have to say I’m positively unhappy with the cylinders‘ current dimensions. From my point of view they should be scaled down by at least 10%. This would still meet the required cylinder stroke and give the machine an overall better proportion.
Furthermore, I took a closer look at the trunnion (what little could be seen on the photo) and it seems to me that the trunnion’s diameter matches the cylinder’s diameter. So I will give it another shot and redesign the cylinders.

Pictures will follow as soon as I’ve got anything to show.

Drivers Dummies

Howdy,

Dewey Bros. Status Quo

Dewey Bros. Status Quo

just a very quick update before I’m going to sleep.
I fixed the misalignment on the cylinders, thanks again Frederic from railroad-line forums for mentioning it!
Tonight I just messed around a bit and patched together some very quick’n’dirty drivers. This screenshot serves no purpose whatsoever except providing a bit of eye-candy. Enjoy!

Saddle Lower Half, Cylinders

Hello folks,

Saddle's lower half and cylinders

Saddle’s lower half and cylinders

the last couple of days I focused on the lower saddle half and the cylinders. As you can see in today’s screenshots, I rearranged the parts of the saddle halfs. The lower half of the saddle is going to form a group with the trunnion and the cylinder supports. The upper half acts as a counterpart so that the both halves act like a vice to fasten the main frame bars.

Reconstructing the Saddle

Hello everyone,

Saddle reconstructed

Saddle reconstructed

I’m still around, though things have changed. Quit my job and found me a new one that actually leaves me some spare time. Last week I contacted Regner Dampftechnik Company in order to check up on the wheels. It seems I can expect them to arrive in late June or early July. In the meantime I took on Wallace’s advice and reconstructed the saddle. This first image shows what I’ve got so far.