I’m still around, though things have changed. Quit my job and found me a new one that actually leaves me some spare time. Last week I contacted Regner Dampftechnik Company in order to check up on the wheels. It seems I can expect them to arrive in late June or early July. In the meantime I took on Wallace’s advice and reconstructed the saddle. This first image shows what I’ve got so far.
And the second image shows the parts in the exploded view. As the images hopefully show I plan to secure the saddle with a bottom plate and fasten it with two screws against the main frame. As always I’m looking forward to any kind and form of feedback. And I do hope that I’ll be able to get some actual construction done in the near future.